Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

P0316, P0306, P2272

City
Victorville
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2006 Ranger

P0316, P0306, P2272

P0316, P0306, P2272
Subscribed
Montanomo Bay , 1 Minute Ago
Hello, I have a 2006 3.0 that has a nagging misfire and o2 sensor problem. I have done all of the following:
New plugs
New wires
New coil pack
New O2 sensor
New fuel filter
New injectors
Compression test: cyl 6 @ 105

The o2 sensor keeps causing a solid check engine light, even though it's new. I have a crack in my driver's side exhaust manifold, but not sure if this is causing the misfire as well. I'm going to swap it out after tomorrow. I will update on if this resolved P2272 issue.
Regarding the misfire, I just had the heads replaced about a year ago. I don't expect this to be the issue. Also, I've had some recent shenanigans with the crash detector switch cutting off fuel to the engine for no apparent reason. I just need to reset the switch when it happens, then I'm good to go. Otherwise, I have a random flashing cel, things get shakey, I lose power, then give it some gas and it comes back to normal.
After replacing all of the parts listed above, the truck runs GREAT!!! I just cannot shake these codes.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional info. I appreciate any help with this, thanks!