Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Transmission Problems

City
Franklin
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 Ford Focus SE
I have a 2007 ford focus that I inherited from my cousin. He gave it to me because second gear wasn't working at all. I got a master overhaul kit and that seemed to get it working. Now after driving for about 6 months, second gear gradualy stopped working. First gear is also hesitant to get going. I found another thread that had had the same problem and I bought the adjustable band bolt to fix it and it did. But now third gear and overdrive are not working. First gear is still weak, but not as bad. I might not be adjusting it right.

I did drive it for about five minutes with a severe leak when I was testing a fix I made to the cooling line. I had broken the connector during the last time I removed the transmission and tried to band-aid the problem till I got a new hose. But I fear that may have destroyed it even more.

Can anyone help me out here?