Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

"Greenie" the 2001 Ford Focus Zx3 Autocross machine!

I got Greenie back in 2010 when I was graduating high school and I've been attached to it ever since. It's a color you dont see very often and this car handles amazing.
I knew it was going to be used for racing one day but didnt know when until my ac compressor locked up and I said screw it and started hurting the interior slowly and buying all the suspension pieces I could little bit by little bit going to all the autocrosses I could to get used to how the car handles and get more experience behind the wheel so I could be the fastest I could be.

Overall my parts list isn't to big but with everything combined it is a truly epic car to drive.
Parts:
SVT Header conversion
Dominant Engineering Off Road Pipe no cat
Bosal Catback exhaust dumped before rear subframe
Ford Racing Spark Plug Wires
KW V2 Coilovers
Eibach Swaybars
Massive Speed System's:
Adjustable Sway Bar Endlinks
Adjustable camber arms
Harness bar
Front and rear strut tower bar
Svt front brake conversion
R1concepts Drilled and Slotted Rotors
EBC Green Stuff Brake Pads
Rota Slipstream's 15x7
Completely gutted besides half the dash.

Still more to come down the road, a motor swap, roll cage and other goodies are also on the list of things to do.

Last edited:
OP
71shadow
Thread Starter #3
Hey thanks man! Glad to be a part of a enthusiasts run page again can't wait to see it grow!

I like where this car is headed, I've often wondered what it would be like to autocross my '02 ZX3, I'm just to afraid to do it because it's my daily driver.

Wish I could do the SVT exhaust manifold conversion, but State of California won't let me because SMOG rules. Oh well.

Nice project!

OP
71shadow
Thread Starter #5
Thank you very much! Oh man sorry to hear about the smog b.s.. You could technically still autocross with enough mods to be a great daily driver and be in the STF class full interior slight suspension mods and thats pretty much it

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS
Greenie has evolved so much. Man I still remember seeing your "stock" car at the race track lol.

OP
71shadow
Thread Starter #9
Haha thats awesome! Alot of time has been put into it and it's not even close to being done yet buddy!

OP
71shadow
Thread Starter #10
Had a good time at Autocross this past sunday at the police academy. My main competitor wasn't there so I was in a class by myself but had a goal in mind to beat all the FoST's and FiST's out there and I did! The closest ST was 1.7 seconds behind me and it was a fiesta which was .1 faster than a focus st. I had my eyes on the focus RS that was there and we actually battled alittle bit, me beating him.in the second round by .1 then him beating me by .2 so overall super fun. Glad that the RS isn't to far away from me, I know I can improve on some things and probably beat him next time. I left the track and Greenie wasn't to happy I'm thinking it is saying 200,000 miles is enough and it's tired. Time for some changes!

OP
71shadow
Thread Starter #13
Well the next round up is technically in San Antonio october 30th and I know im going to that one haha we haven't even begun to think about what we are gonna do for the houston one yet haha

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Well the next round up is technically in San Antonio october 30th and I know im going to that one haha we haven't even begun to think about what we are gonna do for the houston one yet haha
haha yeah that's what I meant San Antonio. Will you be bringing the Fiesta ST or Focus?

OP
71shadow
Thread Starter #15
I'm trying to get the svt driveable by then and just take that. But we shall see this month is looking financially tight at the moment.

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
I'm trying to get the svt driveable by then and just take that. But we shall see this month is looking financially tight at the moment.
If money is tight, just bring Greenie or the ST lol.