Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Helping daughter with her car - Upstream Oxygen Sensor, Throttle body... P0507 and P2195

ponsholm

City
Dallas
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Ford Focus SE
Greetings,

My daughter has a 2015 Ford Focus SE Hatchback and it's been a great little car for the last few years. She recently had a CEL occur which I read with the BlueDriver OBD tool to be a P2195. A quick check online says to replace the Upstream Oxygen sensor which I did, but 2 days later the CEL came back but added another code of P0507. I spent $60 so far on the Bosch O2 sensor and I don't want to be the garage mechanic throwing things at her car so I have a few questions.

1) After installing the Upstream sensor, is the car recalibrating somehow for the next few hundred miles and could this be the issue that the RPMs were are a little off the first day or two? I noticed yesterday that all is starting to calm down and idle speed seem normal.
2) If the CEL will comes back with the same code(s), should I try to clean the throttle body (disconnecting the battery first) or completely remove it for cleaning with a CRC carb cleaner?

If none of the above works, I guess time to take to mechanic

Very curious side note... Facing the engine bay to the immediate left of the battery compartment there's a black tube sticking up from a bolt toward the bottom that is not connected to anything. Is this some kind of breathing tube or is this supposed to be connected somewhere? I can try to take a picture of this but it just looks weird...