Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

In for transmission warranty job...

What I Drive
2013 Focus SE and 2015 Focus H/B
So after about a month of owning or 2013 Focus, I started noticing the shuddering and transmission slipping. From our other Focus, I knew about the extended warranty offered by Ford so I called our dealer where we purchased the car. I was told my car was not covered but they could inspect it for a couple of hundred dollars. I called Ford directly and was told my car was covered to 70k miles...I have 68k. They told me to call my dealer and inform them. They told me they couldn't work on my car until December (2 months, really!!!). Anyway, Ford called another dealer and got me in the next day. Engine and tranny is off and they are replacing everything under warranty. I got a loaner until they are done at no cost and they have been great so far. Will never deal with Serramonte Ford (Daly City, CA) again, and will (hopefully) be giving James Ford (Half Moon Bay, CA) a great review. I bought the car knowing about this issue and knowing that everything else is in amazing shape, plus getting a great price. I am appalled that the dealer I bought the car from was so uncaring and unwilling to do their job. Calling Ford directly really did help a lot.

OP
A
What I Drive
2013 Focus SE and 2015 Focus H/B
Thread Starter #2
Here's a picture with engine bay empty... IMG_4220.jpg