Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

lug nuts question

chazlock

City
aurora
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 focus
hi I'm chaz and have a 2018 focus se. these cars are a pain. looking to replace my lug nuts without caps. which seating do I need? seem to have 3 different lug seatings.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Most of the Focus line use M12 X 1.50mm (Pitch) thread size, usually fits a 19MM socket.

But the seat configuration you're looking for is called "Bulge Seat" style. Also known as Conical.

1663284386336.png
To use the word "Bulge Seat" is for the use in USED wheels - and new.

When a wheel is driven on, then removed and its tire replaced then placed back on - some wear at the seat occurs during the lifetime of that tire that was used on it. The seat - it can deform enough to make the wheel wobble - so the "Bulge" seat types are slightly oversized to handle the seating and proper torque needed to keep the wheel to the hub and you on the road.

1663291312158.png
To Help: Notice the "Bulge Seat" style
is slightly oversized compared to a typical Conical style
Either way:
They can also be called Acorn - because they look like what Squirrels go after in the Fall.
1663291584183.png

So conical and Bulge Conical and Bulge Seat - are adequate - but when replacing these Wheel nuts, remember that if you put them on, you become responsible for their proper torquing and use.

Last edited: