Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

"Slowfoc" the first gen ST

Slowfoc

Slowfoc

I purchased Slowfoc on August 29, 2013. He only had 73XXX miles when I claimed him. Bought sight unseen through an online auction where the dealer claims "needs nothing". Upon delivery, an inspection ensued which revealed what looked like hail damage to the hood, a rock chip in the windshield, and an overcharged A/C system. Here's what he looked like on day one.

Unmolested and completely stock. 2013

One year later, we entered the slightly modified stage. 2014

Fast forward another year and a little bit more done, but mostly the same. 2015

Which brings us to now. 2016

He is in a daily driver state for the time being, however, he debuted at Focus Rising for the first time this year with quite a few changes. The trip consisted of 3600 miles from Houston, TX and was completed by three people in a straight drive 20 hour drive. Best. Road trip. Ever.

Here is Slowfoc in all of his show build glory.

OP
Slowfoc

Slowfoc

Thread Starter #2
Mod List

Exterior:
- Street Appearance Package w/ spoiler delete.
- SVT Contour 16x6.5 205/45 Sumitomo [daily]
- ESM 004 17x8 205/50 Falken (painted)
- Ksport coilovers
- Debadged
- Shaved rear ford emblem
- Legal tint

Interior:
- Painted dash trim
- Gloss Black Metallic shifter surround
- Gloss Urban Camo radio bezel
- Shortened shifter
- Pioneer double din
- LED dome light
- LED interior conversion (in progress)

Engine:
- Cosworth intake manifold
- Stock ported throttly body
- Steeda SRI
- EGR delete
- BSD delete
- FSWerks tuned by Raffi (w/ LC)
- Painted metal valve cover
- Partial wire tuck
- Saleen stress bar
- SVT degas cover

OP
Slowfoc

Slowfoc

Thread Starter #6
I received a revised tune from Raffi at FSWerks with an updated Launch Control rev limit. Took him out for a couple hits, but on the second hit I lost 3rd gear. Tried to baby him home as I could still engage 2nd and 4th, but eventually pulled up to a light, took off in second and lost fourth gear. Then all gears were gone. The shifter felt like a sloppy joystick at an old arcade. So I coasted to a stop on the side of the road and waited for AAA. They showed up, said "your car is too low," and left. Alternate plans were made. I called a former coworker who grabbed a tow dolly, and pulled me home.

The culprit for the failure was in the gear selector assembly inside the transmission. I had sheared a roll pin in two places where it connects the selector pin to the gear selector shaft. $10 fix, only because I bought a box of assorted roll pins. She's healthy again with a very tight shifter. I might mention that the shifter felt loose the previous week. One good smack into third gear was enough to break that roll pin. All is well now though.

That's crazy, but its good to hear FSWerks is still doing tunes. Thought they would be done with that after Randy left.