Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

transmission strange noise

Fiat127

City
northport
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Focus SE
I just inherited a Focus SE 2017 with 1980 miles. The car is new and immaculate ( from my mother inlaw ). but when I drive seems that the transmission ( automatic ) changing form 1st to 2nd gear has something like a slip. The local Ford dealer shop found that the plastic engine floor had some bolts and pins missing.But the noise or slips still remains, not always, only when I start moving.
Any suggestions, beside going back to a different shop.

City
Conroe
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Focus
We have the same issue with my daughters 2018 Focus. Been to 4 shops who say “it’s normal” but when her friends ride with her they always ask her “what was that?”. It’s always between 1st & 2nd and it’s almost like she is slipping on gravel just without the gravel. It’s been beyond frustrating and supposedly this was a very common issue with the 2012-2018 models with a new “automatic transmission clutch” they used with a very cheap plastic part. We only have 50k miles on it now but when she has someone with her and they always ask what the noise was to me that is not “normal” 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️