Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Engine Swap

City
North Branch
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 ford focus st
I have a 2007 ford focus st. The engine is blown so i am swapping it. I dont want to pay a huge amount out of pocket for labor so im taking on this task myself. The problem is i dont know where to start. The engine is a 2.3 inline 4 and i will be swapping it with the same exact engine just different years. The donor engine is from a '05 st (still a 2.3L inline 4) if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be amazing.

What I Drive
2013 Focus SE and 2015 Focus H/B
Wow, hopefully this is a long term project. I would start with the typical 'disconnect the battery'. From there it's a lot of figuring out hoses, electrical, and parts. Not much out there for your year, but the link below is for a newer model. Technically same steps, just different parts in different places. I've only done a swap on a 70's car with about 1/3 of the parts.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

BellyUpSPI

City
Tukwila
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2003 Ford Focus
I have a 2007 ford focus st. The engine is blown so i am swapping it. I dont want to pay a huge amount out of pocket for labor so im taking on this task myself. The problem is i dont know where to start. The engine is a 2.3 inline 4 and i will be swapping it with the same exact engine just different years. The donor engine is from a '05 st (still a 2.3L inline 4) if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be amazing.
Have a repair manual handy, mark ALL hoses, wires, plugs, that you disconnect. Bag/tag ALL nuts/bolts that you remove, or reinstall as many as you can back in to the place that they came from, to keep from losing them.
Good luck, I may be doing a similar job on my '03 at some point in the future. Currently working on two other projects, so Focus will have to wait.