Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Huge power drop...

SLOCUS16

Question... I have the '16 FoST COBB Stage2... when I get on it it spools about 22psi and pulls hard until it reaches about 5500rpm and then all of a sudden the car jerks and completely stops pulling...kinda feels like when you over rev. I have no clue what or why this is happening. It can't be good I don't think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have a friend with a 15 FoST that had that issue and it was just related to the tune. Keeping it safe for some reason. Are you still OTS tuned or aftermarket?

OP
S

SLOCUS16

Thread Starter #3
Idk? It's the stage 2 tune with the Cobb accessport the only thing that I have extra is the boomba BOV

OP
S

SLOCUS16

Thread Starter #4
Pretty sure it's the OTS that came with the accessport idk how to tune aftermarket

He was having problems with that same tune. What you might want to do is flash it back to OTS stage 1 and see if it keeps doing it. Either way I would try to convince you to go to Stratified Automotive's website and but their Flash tune. It's only $50, you tell them what mods you have and they will send you an email with your tune in it then just download that tune onto your accessport. I have the flash tune and it's AMAZAZAZING. The boost is increased significantly and the drivability is much smoother. They also give you options to change the tune through your cruise control buttons for different launch control rpms and they even include a economy mode.

OP
S

SLOCUS16

Thread Starter #6
He was having problems with that same tune. What you might want to do is flash it back to OTS stage 1 and see if it keeps doing it. Either way I would try to convince you to go to Stratified Automotive's website and but their Flash tune. It's only $50, you tell them what mods you have and they will send you an email with your tune in it then just download that tune onto your accessport. I have the flash tune and it's AMAZAZAZING. The boost is increased significantly and the drivability is much smoother. They also give you options to change the tune through your cruise control buttons for different launch control rpms and they even include a economy mode.
So I would choose this first one? I'm new to the whole tuning thing sorry..not sure how to set it up. New to these cars and all the Electronics coming from and evo before this one

It's all good. Yes the eco slot shouldn't cost any extra. Cobb's website should have an area where you can download some software that allows you to hook up your accessport to a computer and download the new tune from the email (after you have saved the tune to the computer) and then it'll pop up as a Stratified tune. Pop it on the accessport then load it into your car and have fun. It's pretty simple just a lot of button clicking haha

OP
S

SLOCUS16

Thread Starter #8
I was talking about the single file- 91-93 (slot 1) idk if it's the first or second choice on the drop down list

OP
S

SLOCUS16

Thread Starter #11
No, I'm not retarded lol yes I have everything I need installed for stage 2, intercooler, intake accessport and rmm

I understand the power falling off after 5500 rpms since the turn can't flow anymore after that. The jerking seems very odd. Have you done a KAM reset?

Sent from another galaxy.